Back To Blog
GUEST BLOG by Tammy Greynolds, published with permission from America Saves.
America Saves Week, which runs Feb. 22 - 27, is an annual opportunity for individuals to assess their savings and take financial action. The theme for this year’s America Saves Week is simple: Save Automatically.
Try these five simple steps during America Saves Week to help yourself save automatically – and successfully:
- Assess Your Savings. Like your health, you should assess your savings annually to make sure your savings priorities are on the right track. Complete this simple 12-question assessment to find out your current standing and help you plan for the future.
- Evaluate your Savings Preparedness. Check off your savings accomplishments on the Saver Checklist to further evaluate where your savings habits need strengthening for your future goals.
- Take the America Saves Pledge. Those with a savings plan are two times as likely to save for emergencies and retirement than those without one. Join more than 450,000 American Savers who have already committed to save. When you take the pledge, you can choose to receive text message tips and reminders to help you save towards your goals.
- Share Your Savings Goal. Take part in the 2016 #imsavingfor Photo Contest. Share a selfie that shows what you’re saving for on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and enter the contest at http://americasavesweek.org/imsavingfor for a chance to win $500. Savings never looked so good.
- Make Your Savings Social. Are you on Twitter or Facebook? Join America Saves in encouraging your friends, family, and colleagues to save this week. Better yet, join one of the many Twitter chats that America Saves will be a part of this week to get real-time savings tips and advice.
America Saves Week is coordinated by America Saves and the American Savings Education Council. Started in 2007, the Week is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status.
Posted on February 12, 2016