Back To Blog
Ohio’s 529 Plan, CollegeAdvantage, is pleased to partner with the Cincinnati Reds for 2017, our fourth season bringing college savings to Great American Ball Park! Ohio’s 529 Plan wants everyone to know that saving for college is doable, especially with all the tax advantages found in a 529 college savings plan. Additionally, the earlier you start saving for your child’s future college costs, the more time your 529 account can grow from these benefits and the power of compound interest. In order to get the word out, Ohio’s 529 Plan has connected with the Reds to encourage saving for college.
Reds Community Fund Family Catch
As a sponsor of the Reds Community Fund Family Catch, CollegeAdvantage held a Facebook giveaway of packages for this July 1 event, held before Saturday’s Reds game against the Chicago Cubs.
There were twenty lucky winners randomly selected. They are:
- Tim Burchett, Milford, Ohio
- Pamela Cromer, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Jennifer Danner, Painesville, Ohio
- Lilly Dempsey, Cincinnati, Ohio
- James Dockendorff, Cincinnati, Ohio
- German Eichberger, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Charles Emmerling, Westerville, Ohio
- Juan Fraiz, Kettering, Ohio
- Kevin Frey, Archbold, Ohio
- Steve Galberg, South Lebanon, Ohio
- Jamie Hastings, Plain City, Ohio
- Stephanie Ioia, Hilliard, Ohio
- Susan Kahn, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Maribeth Long, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Tim Ross, Hamilton, Ohio
- Taylor Schenking, Celina, Ohio
- Nicole Stingle, Mount Sterling, Ohio
- Michael Valley, Beavercreek, Ohio
- Emily Wilder, Bethel, Ohio
- Elisha Wright, West Chester, Ohio
Additionally, Tim Ross represented CollegeAdvantage at this game by throwing the first pitch.
Reds Family Sunday, July 2, game tickets
Ohio’s 529 Plan gave away ten family four-packs of tickets to the Sunday, July 2, game Reds-Cubs game.
There were ten lucky winners randomly selected. They are:
- Tim Dudgeon, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Lynn Eshleman, Columbus, Ohio
- Patty Fouch, Circleville, Ohio
- John Kassinger, Silver Lake, Ohio
- Courtney Nichols, Vandalia, Ohio
- Veronica Steffen, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Robert Van As, West Chester, Ohio
- Brent Volk, Beavercreek, Ohio
- Warren Wolfe, Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Angela Young, Cincinnati, Ohio
Additionally, Warren Wolfe was selected to throw the first pitch at Sunday’s game.
Reds Rookies and Reds Heads Kids Clubs
CollegeAdvantage is proud to sponsor the Reds Rookies and Reds Heads Kids Clubs! Membership in the Reds Rookies is for children 0-3. The Reds Heads Kids Club is open to children ages 3 to 12. Both Reds Fan Clubs provide an opportunity to connect with the team and make memories that last a lifetime. Families in both clubs can also enter to win a $529 college savings award from CollegeAdvantage, Ohio’s 529 Plan. We’ll be giving away these awards two more times before Oct. 31. See the Kids Club coupon booklet for more information.
The winner from our most recent drawing is:
- Ron Henry of Bowling Green, KY
Thank you to everyone who participated. Congratulations to all our winners!*
Would you like to see your name on a winners’ list from CollegeAdvantage? Here are more opportunities to do so.
There’s still time to join the Reds Heads Kids Club and enter to win one of several $529 college savings awards throughout the season. The next drawing will be held in early September.
*Please note that the list of winners is subject to change.
Posted on July 7, 2017