Back To Blog
Ohio’s 529 Plan, CollegeAdvantage, wants to encourage all families to save money for all of life’s ups and downs – for unexpected doctor visits, car or home repairs, weddings, retirement and of course, a higher education — to name a few. So we’ve partnered with America Saves and Military Saves to promote America Saves and Military Saves Week, which runs from Monday, Feb. 25 through Saturday, March 2.
This annual event promotes savings as the key component for a more secure financial future. According to this information taken directly from America Saves:
- More than 2,000 organizations participate in America Saves/Military Saves Week, representing a diverse and impressive group of companies, nonprofits, educational institutions, military services, government agencies, and financial institutions.
- Over 651,000 people have taken the America Saves Pledge since its inception. In 2018, nearly 89,000 people committed to save over $100 million, with the top savings goals identified as emergency funds, and education.
There is a specific saving topic highlighted for each day of America Saves/Military Saves:
- Monday, February 25: Save with a plan
- Tuesday, February 26: Save automatically
- Wednesday, February 27: Save for the unexpected
- Thursday, February 28: Save for retirement
- Friday, March 1: Save the extra
- Saturday, March 2: Save as a family
Like all these organizations, Ohio’s 529 Plan encourages you and your family to set a financial goal, make a plan to achieve it, and then save automatically, eliminating the chance that you might spend the money elsewhere.
For tips on how to “Save the Extra,” watch this video from America Saves. Military Saves also has a video to encourage military service members and their families to be ready financially.
If you’d like to commit to saving a certain dollar amount over a set period of time, you can take the America Saves/Military Saves pledge. You will receive encouragements, advice and reminders to keep focused on your goal.
If you’re interested in learning more about saving for your child’s future higher education or college costs, visit Ohio’s 529 Plan, CollegeAdvantage. After reading all the available information on all the benefits of saving in a 529 plan, including tax advantages, you can open an Ohio 529 Plan online to save for your child’s future training and education.
Every dollar saved today is a dollar that doesn’t have to be borrowed later which makes Ohio’s 529 college savings plan an excellent alternative to student loan debt. For someday your child is going to college. Someday starts today with Ohio’s 529 Plan.
Posted on February 22, 2019