Saving a little can help a lot:
- Everything you save helps your kids or grandkids borrow less
- Use for college, trade school, certificates, apprenticeships, and more
- Most families don’t plan to cover all education costs (watch 29-second video)
- Setting up an automatic investment plan keeps your account growing tax-free
Want To Do This Super Fast?
You can start without a deep dive into financial education.
- Check out 529s at a glance for the basics
- Take a look at the most popular investment choices
- Check out “529s in 29 Seconds” or FAQs for questions
Tax Return Prep
Here’s how to find your 529 tax time info.
- Use bank statements and/or cashed checks as verification of contribution, not Ohio 529 statements
- If the 529 withdrawal was sent to the account owner, then 1099Q will go to the account owner
- If the 529 withdrawal was sent to the beneficiary or school, then 1099Q will go to the beneficiary
- Put some of the tax refund into your 529 to grow tax-free